One of the challenges when looking for #TrueGlutenFree cookie recipes is finding those that do not include any form of grain. For example, today I found a great recipe for No-Bake Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies, but as we all know oats contain a type of gluten, avenin which is comprised of 16% of the gluten protein.
Here is my variation to No-Bake, True Gluten Free Pumpkin Cookies:
- 3/4 cup of coconut flakes
- 1/2 almond pulp; I always save my leftovers from making my homemade almond milk
- If this isn't an option, I'd recommend tossing some almonds in a food processor
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- Optional: pinch of pumpkin pie spice
- Optional: 1/4 cup of mini chocolate chips (try Enjoy Life)
- 1/3 cup of canned pumpkin puree
- 1 tbs coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
Combine all dry ingredients. In separate bowl, combine all liquid ingredients, then stir to combine and form into balls or cookies. I put mine on parchment paper and then put in freezer for 30-45 minutes.
If you're counting your calories or sugar, here it the nutritional information: